Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2020 12:11:32 +0200

Hi:

My point actually goes in the opposite direction. I don't want to add an
extra layer of abstraction, a fork, a new distribution (starter kit),
external dependencies to do things that vanilla emacs is totally capable
to do with probably less than 100 lines of configuration... but hidden
in our old syntax/names/bindings, unfamiliar lisp, and long and
sometimes too technical documentation.

The idea is to bring what we already have in vanilla but disabled, no
long starting times, extra hacks/functions or complex things to attract
new users coming from VSCode, Sublime or Atom.