Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 22:31:57 +0200

Continuing somehow with the profiles approach. (Which seems to be the
only productive conclusion of the thread that everyone more or less
agree)

As a first step:

May we consider to insert use-package, leaf or something similar in
vanilla?

Either of them are developed by people with copyright and reduces the
configuration complexity while more or less standardizes the packages
configuration; they doesn't affect at all the old user's configs.

Maybe we don't need them fully but at least a part of their
functionalities could be inserted in packages.el?