Re: Emacs is very special regarding UIs

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Emacs is very special regarding UIs
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:24:41 -0700

Lars Brinkhoff <lars@nocrew.org> writes:

The assertion that it's so because all they had then was text is
seriously short-changing and even somewhat insulting to the thought that
has likely gone into Emacs' design --- folks like RMS can likely speak
to that more than I can.

But Emacs does an outstanding job of separating content from
presentation, has an embedded lisp machine, and enables that lisp
machine to manipulate all information/content that flows through Emacs.

--
?7?4 Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  ?0?8