Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 13:50:51 +0300

On 2020-09-11 10:44 +03, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>> I think the reason is likely to be compatibility with mobile platforms,
>> where screen space is at premium.
>
> This is a friendly interpretation. You're such a friendly person [1].
>
> Me? I'd say the Hamburger menu is the latest fad, to be taken over
> next year by the Sushi menu, or the Falafel-Halloumi-Magali menu,
> depending on the alignment of the stars.

This is so true...

Tho it’s a fact that there are two main sources of UI ‘innovation’ in
desktop these days: copy web and copy mobile.

Another fact is we already have hamburger menus in Emacs: the onese
bound to C-mouse.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427