Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Philip K.
Subject: Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 17:44:45 +0200

Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

> Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:
>
>> 1) Improve the default theme: Maybe set a default dark theme to make
>> emacs feel more modern.
>
> If you just set your background to some dark color, the stock Emacs
> default faces are actually very nice, see:
>
>   https://functional.cafe/web/statuses/104411970368324669
>
> So just a default face light/dark toggle which doesn't use a theme but
> the standard faces seems like a good idea.
>
> Bye,
> Tassilo

That actually looks fairly similar to my own "dark mode":

        (defun reverse-face (face &optional frame)
          "Set FACE (in FRAME) to RGB inverse."
          (interactive (list (read-face-name "Reverse face" (face-at-point t))))
          (require 'color)
          (ignore-errors
            (let ((fg (face-attribute face :foreground frame))
                  (bg (face-attribute face :background frame)))
              (set-face-attribute
               face frame
               :foreground (color-complement-hex fg)
               :background (color-complement-hex bg)))))

        (defun toggle-dark-mode ()
          "Toggle dark mode."
          (interactive)
          (dolist (face '(mode-line default))