Re: Interactive guide for new users

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Interactive guide for new users
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 22:05:45 +0200

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 06:36:05PM +0000, Gregory Heytings via Emacs
development discussions. wrote:

It would be nice to add the option to install and enable ivy and company in the guide, can we do this in principle (i.e., promote a elpa package)? Not talking about whether we should, but whether we can.

I think mentioning M-x list-packages in the last screen is enough, just after M-x customize. Installing and enabling a particular package would be too much.

I agree. I would prefer that this only brings native features. If a
feature is so important to go here, then probably it is important enough
to be in vanilla emacs. IMO