Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: "modern" colors Re: Changes for emacs 28
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 17:22:24 -0400

   > Let me try to reiterate again, could you point out a handful of
   > differences in colors and/or fonts (to keep it simple) between Emacs
   > and some other editor (one is fine, several would be interesting too
   > but I understand that can be taxing) that you find more modern than in
   > Emacs?

   Hopefully this is in line with what you're looking for:

Thank you, but I am not entierly sure what I am looking at -- the
Emacs you are showing is not from 1985.  What does the percentage
mean?

All of those look similar to me, other than black/light background
when it comes to color selection.  There is I think very little
commonality between the edtiors in general in what they show.

This doesn't seem to be a default Emacs screenshot?  The menu-bar is
different.

   I did some basic analysis with R (the language is a pain, but it's well
   suited for quick stuff like this).

   * Basic editor theme comparison

Emacs doeesn't seem to be listed?

All the modes you show are programming modes, Emacs is more often than
not used in other context so things like line-number-mode do not make
much sense, like in the splash screen.

Emacs doesn't treat everything as a nail.