Re: Changing line widths in the Emacs source code

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: Changing line widths in the Emacs source code
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 18:28:46 +0300

On 2020-09-13 16:45 +03, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> wrote:
> Now for the most controversial suggestion of all: Make the Emacs code
> wider!
> So my suggestion is: Change the default to 100.

+1.  I don’t really contribute much to core apart from seldom bugfixes,
but there is my vote.

Frankly the world would be better off if the general convention was
"keep it around 70-90 chars per line but don’t contort your code just to
achieve that".

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427