Re: Dark mode by default

From: Daniel Martín
Subject: Re: Dark mode by default
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 18:38:37 +0200

> Could you report this as a bug?

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature request. What's the mechanism
you described that should work, at least on GNU/Linux? If it's based on
~/.Xresources, then it's normal that it doesn't work on macOS because
macOS, by default, does not use the X Window System.

We could consider it a feature request, though, where we may want to do,
for example:

- Support on macOS a similar system than the one we have for Windows to
  emulate ~/.Xresources using the Windows Registry.

- Use the native Apple APIs to detect if the system is using light or
  dark mode and change the background color of Emacs accordingly. This
  seems a much more controversial change.