Re: Changing line widths in the Emacs source code

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: Changing line widths in the Emacs source code
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 21:17:48 +0300

On 2020-09-13 21:01 +03, Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org> wrote:
> The counter argument is that wider lines make it easier to use longer,
> more descriptive names; 'ada-goto-declaration-start' vs
> 'ada-to-decl-st', for example.

80 char shouldn’t be a bottleneck for that, given Lisp lends itself well
to breaking up statements over lines in a bit more extreme fashion than
what other syntaxes allow before becoming unreadable.

IDK how popular it is but I like breaking things up over lines even if
names are in the smaller range.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427