Include ivy + counsel in Emacs core?

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Include ivy + counsel in Emacs core?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 18:53:10 +0000

Hi all,

as I'm relatively new here forgive me if this was already asked.

Given all the recent discussions about modern Emacs but also fido-mode
came to my mind the following question:

was ever considered the inclusion of ivy + counsel in the Emacs core
distribution?

ivy+counsel it's a quality package that reached already noticeable
popularity.  Does fuzzy completion with vertical output display, and its
counsel-M-X shows also the command key binding (feature I consider for
my experience a _game changer_ for softening the learning curve).
Finally it's already in ELPA.

I'm probably wrong but I get the impression it has already everything
fido-mode is trying to get.

I'd see its inclusion together with a polished which-key a perfect
match.

Thanks

  Andrea