Re: toggle-light-dark-mode

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: toggle-light-dark-mode
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 16:34:51 +0200

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

> I wonder why other themes don't support both modes?  For example, why there
> is separate light tango-theme and tango-dark-theme, but not one tango-theme
> supporting dark and light modes?  And why separate light modus-operandi-theme
> and dark modus-vivendi-theme, but not one modus-theme with both modes?

It is not easy to define a set of colors that go well with each other in
inverted scenario, especially if you would like to obey some other
criteria, like say equal contrast (as in Solarized) or very low-, high
contrast. Personally I don't think every theme need to have both, since
not everyone is switching their themes based on dayoftime.

By the way, the code you posted in another message is interested. Wonder
if one could get some input from a webcam, analyze light intensity and
switch dark/light Emacs or even pick theme shades based on the image
recorded; similar as they do here

https://github.com/makuto/auto-base16-theme

It would be a bit like modern TVs with background LED lightning; no idea
if it would be usable at all; but fun? :-)