Re: solarized

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: solarized
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 15:49:01 +1000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > While I think these discussions are very valuable, I just wanted to
>   > mention one aspect of the Solarized theme which I think is quite
>   > important. It is one of the few themes with a defined underlying
>   > philosophy/principal. Many other themes are just something someone has
>   > defined, felt it looked good and released it. Solarized has a more
>   > formal definition.
>
> I understand that.  I'm proposing to do something similar except
> eliminating the goal of light-dark inversion symmetry.

Which is great and perhaps this will result in an even better theme. In
the meantime, adding Solarized as another choice from the list of
already available themes would be an easy enhancement and provide a
theme which is popular and familiar, which could ease transition for some new
users.

--
Tim Cross