Re: [ELPA] New package: shell-command+

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: shell-command+
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 15:23:17 +0200

On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 11:38:40AM +0200, Philip K. wrote:
Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

May I suggest (in spite of it is very simple) you to add the
configuration lines in the Readme and package description for new users?

If you want to add also the use-package config I have this in my init
file too:

(use-package bang
   :ensure t
   :bind ("M-!" . bang))

The README for bang still has a line like this, but I removed it for
shell-command+, as use-package isn't in ELPA. My hope was that the line

        `shell-command+' is a `shell-command' substitute

would be enough, but maybe

        (global-set-key (kbd "M-!") #'shell-command+)

would help? shell-command+ is auto-loaded, so it should be the same, and
anyone using use-package or similar packages should be able to translate
this into their language.

The only issue is that I can't commit anything to the ELPA repo, who
would I have to contact to request that access?

--
        Philip K.

Hopefully use-package will become part of emacs at some point; but this
line is good enough for now IMO. Very thanks for this.