How to execute code after start-process completion?

From: Pankaj Jangid
Subject: How to execute code after start-process completion?
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2020 19:30:41 +0530

I am working on tiny customization of my Gnus. And using the function
`start-process` to call `notmuch new`.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(add-hook 'gnus-after-getting-new-news-hook
          (lambda ()
            (start-process "notmuch" "*Notmuch*" "notmuch" "new")
            ;; (print (current-time-string) (get-buffer "*Notmuch*"))
            ))
#+END_SRC

After completion of the process (`notmuch new`), I want to execute some
code. As you can see above, I want to put the timestamp in the *Notmuch*
buffer. I know that `start-process` returns the process object. But I
couldn't find how to use it. Please share any pointers/code-snippet on
how to use that object accomplish what I want to do? Or may be there is
a different way to do the task. Please advise.

--
Pankaj Jangid