Re: On elisp running native - Update 12

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: On elisp running native - Update 12
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 18:10:29 -0400

>> Well I guess this does not depend (at least entirely) on me.  I'd really
>> like to see it in 28 as I think is useful to a number of users.
> I'd definitely like to see it in Emacs 28.

I have the impression that the code is pretty much ready to be merged
into `master` as a new experimental feature (obviously, it'll require
some tweaks since the current native-comp branch enables that feature
by default whereas we'd want to keep it disabled by default at first on
`master`).

IOW someone needs to take a close look at the diff between trunk and the
branch and make sure that its changes are nicely modularised, and once
that's done, then write a good commit message for it ;-)

        Stefan