Re: Question collaborative editing.

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question collaborative editing.
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 18:01:36 +0200

On Thu, Oct 01, 2020 at 05:11:44PM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
* Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> [2020-09-30 19:20]:
That's the problem collaborative editing needs to solve, isn't it?
The communications between clients should allow resolution of
differences in buffer position, and detection of losing track of text
modifications.

Maybe it could be done with some kind of a queue server on TCP port
between the local Emacs and clients.

It is a bit more complex, because for remote editing it is not easy to
establish connection in different NAP, cross firewalls, and so on. And
as I said before, we don't have resources to provide a server service
for this that runs "our" CRTD server.

Withing the same network it still requires a sort of local service to
solve the conflicts. And that also needs to be implemented...