Re: feature/icomplete-vertical

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: feature/icomplete-vertical
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 09:13:00 -0400

> The truncation is done by icomplete, not by the display engine.  The
> "warning" is supposed to be in the form of the ellipsis displayed
> after the last candidate that is shown.

BTW, I think this is a UI mistake in Icomplete.

The simpler way to solve this problem is to replace the "ellipsis to
indicate truncation" with a "thingy to show the end of the list", so if
the output is truncated by the display you'll notice it because of the
lack of "thingy".

In the "horizontal" output, I think the most natural choice for the
"thingy" would be the closing "}".

        Stefan

PS: And no, this is still not a solution for the case where you want
the vertical icomplete list to appear *above* the prompt.  :-(