Re: How to make Emacs popular again: Use monospaced fonts less

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs popular again: Use monospaced fonts less
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 14:29:14 -0400

> Make sure that the header-line face does *not* inherit the
> variable-pitch face.

My header-line face uses the same variable pitch face as my mode line,
so I'm not sure why you say the above.

There are indeed several uses of the header-line that need/want to be
aligned with the buffer's content (typically for tabular formats), which
I bumped into back when I started using a variable pitch face for the
mode/header-lines, but these should be fixed in any case (for those
people like me who use a variable pitch face), and I have indeed fixed
those cases that I saw (e.g. `list-buffers`, `list-packages`,
`csv-mode`, `ses-mode`, ...).

        Stefan