Re: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for f

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for function groups
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 23:05:40 +0300

>>     Add support for displaying short documentation for function groups
>
> After tinkering with this for a while on a branch, I've now merged the
> shortdoc stuff into the trunk.  The main idea is taken from what is,
> according to the entire internet, the Platonic ideal in documentation:
>
>   https://github.com/magnars/s.el
>
> So it's a list of functions and examples.
>
> It could probably do with a bit more tinkering, looks-wise.
>
> The easiest way to experience it is to say `C-h f string-trim RET' and
> then clicking on the button.

I have pondered a year ago about doing something like this,
but based on Info and/or HTML, i.e. to generate Info nodes with
functions listed by groups in separate nodes (possibly using HTML format),
so e.g. going to (info "(shortdoc) Buffer")
could display an Info node with a menu of related functions,
where nodes could be navigated using Info keys.
Does this make sense?