Re: Rethinking the design of xwidgets

From: Qiantan Hong
Subject: Re: Rethinking the design of xwidgets
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2020 04:42:31 +0000

> Maybe I'm diverting a little but I would like to add that if we have
> OpenGL (or generally, hardware acceleration), we can enable more
> "fashionable eye-candies”.

I will be thrilled if that’s possible!

Just for your amusement, this is a short video clip of an experimental
music system I’m developing using Emacs as front end. I’m using
overlays to create visual feedback. Having blinking blocks is already
cool, but will be much cooler if I can draw arbitrary visual effect.