Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 19:13:01 +0000

Hello, Drew,

thanks very much for eyeballing my English text.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 09:49:36 -0700, Drew Adams wrote:
> (Minor)

> "Whilst" ->
> "While" (Amerenglish)

> "the minibuffer moves" ->
> "the active minibuffer moves"

> "in the frame the minibuffer was first opened in" ->
> "in the frame where the minibuffer was first opened"

> "on the frame it was first opened on" ->
> "in the frame where it was first opened"

> (And decide whether a minibuffer - and a window in
> general, is in or on a frame.  I don't know what the
> convention might be.)

> Consider splitting this sentence:

> "An alternative behavior is available by customizing
> 'minibuffer-follows-frame' to nil; here, the
> minibuffer stays on the frame it was first opened on,
> and you must switch back to this frame to continue or
> abort the current command."

I've made all of these adjustments now, thanks, with a window being "in"
a frame.

> Consider removing this gratuitous bit: "somewhat chaotic".

OK, with the benefit of somebody else looking at it, that's too
pejorative.  I've changed it to "somewhat unsystematic", which I think
is gentler, yet still gives a reason why the former behaviour is no
longer available.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).