Re: Relevance of `baud-rate' in the 2020s?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Relevance of `baud-rate' in the 2020s?
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 06:25:08 -0400

   More seriously, is `baud-rate' still relevant in the next decade?
   Should we make it obsolete in Emacs 28.1?

Please don't! This is immensly useful still.  When connecting to
remote machines in the field, somewhere up who know where the
connection can be abysymal..

Sometimes, a small embeddedd GNU/Linux system that you hook up over a
serial line at low baud rates (say 9600) is easier to debug than going
full 115200.  A lot of strange embdedded equipment have serial lines,
which sometimes are very slow still capable of running a recent
version of GNU Emacs (yes, it is very crazy world we live in).