Re: C-x o is moving between frames. [Was: Stop frames stealing eachothe

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: C-x o is moving between frames. [Was: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!]
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 10:26:55 +0300

> Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 20:42:57 +0000
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de>
>
> They almost take care of themselves.  Almost, but not quite.  I've had a
> closer look at minibuffer-only frames, and it feels like I'm opening
> Pandora's box[*].  Even in the unchanged master branch, I get this:

Of course, you've opened a Pandora box! what else did you expect doing
changes in this area?

The documentation of next-window, which is the function that selects
the "other" window, says:

  ALL-FRAMES nil or omitted means consider all windows on WINDOW’s frame,
  plus the minibuffer window if specified by the MINIBUF argument.  If the
  minibuffer counts, consider all windows on all frames that share that
  minibuffer too.

So this is very old and intended behavior.  If you want to change that
as well, you will need more changes.