Re: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for f

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master 2a7488d: Add support for displaying short documentation for function groups
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 06:50:24 -0700

Mattias EngdegÄrd <mattiase@acm.org> writes:

>> - I moved match-beginning and match-end to the new section "Match Data",
>>  and moved it below "Looking in Buffers".
>
> Perhaps 'match-string' belongs there too.

Indeed, so I fixed that.

> +   :eval (rx (| (* "f") (+ "o") (? "o")) (any "bar") (group "baz"))))
>
> (any "bar") may be misleading since it looks like "bar" is a string to be
> matched, but it is just the characters {a,b,r}.

I changed that.

Though, to be honest, perhaps we should replace this entire example with
something that actually demonstrates _why_ one would want to use `rx'.
I just couldn't think of a good example right now.  There is time to
improve the example before Emacs 28.1, I guess.

> (If you want to be complete, the rx family also includes rx-to-string,
> rx-define, rx-let and rx-let-eval.)

I added all of them into a new section and pushed this to master.

Thanks.