Re: Could ivy minibuffer stay where it is?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Could ivy minibuffer stay where it is?
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 20:23:36 +0300

* Oleh Krehel <ohwoeowho@gmail.com> [2020-11-07 15:52]:
> > > That is it! Definitely good solution.
> > >
> > > Can that function `ivy-display-function-window' be included in ivy
> > > on
> > > GNU ELPA?
> >
> > I don't know, that's Oleh's call.  I vaguely remember a preference for
> > showcasing these potential customisations in the wiki, rather than
> > maintaining them as part of Ivy, but I'm not sure.
>
> I think `ivy-display-function-window' is not in a good enough state to be
> included as part of Ivy. My suggestion right now, if you want to avoid the
> minibuffer, is to use https://github.com/tumashu/ivy-posframe. It's higher
> quality and more customizable.

Alright, I appreciate your help.

Purpose of enhancement is not for me to find what to use, as if I want
to avoid ivy I can use helm or use X, but that is not the point. My
proposal is to enhance ivy as ivy is in GNU ELPA and I am trying that
new packages I am preparing are not dependent on libraries outside of
GNU ELPA (for now).

> But if someone wants to work on `ivy-display-function-window' to
> make it usable, PRs are welcome.

I am not familiar with that code but use it in other code.

Is there way to automatically switch for every ivy completion to
ivy-display-function-window?