RE: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was R

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: Introducing emacs-webkit and more thoughts on Emacs rendering (was Rethinking the design of xwidgets)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 19:34:20 +0000

Imagine all the vulnerabilities brought in by all the other libraries Emacs uses, and Emacs uses quite many. I don't see difference there.

If you are aware of some  special vulnerability in libmpv, then please rapport it to the project so they can fix it.

For the rest of your questions: answer should probably be self-evident: less processes means less resources used, faster response at runtime and programmatic control usually means more flexibility. For same reasons, I wish even dired was not usin ls program but was built on directory-files instead.

By the way, I hope you can formulate yourself ess passive aggressive in future. I perceive your mail as something  belonging rather to discussions on twitch chatt or reddit at best.