Re: Proposal for an emacs-humanities mailing list

From: Corwin Brust
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 10:19:37 -0600

Hi Eli & everybody!

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:12 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de>
> > Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 10:36:39 +0100
> > Cc: Karl Fogel <kfogel@red-bean.com>, pwr@skeletons.cc, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> >
> > > However, I don't understand what is expected from the active Emacs
> > > developers wrt this list.  It sounds like they will need to subscribe
> > > to this new list, for it to be useful?
> >
> > I do expect this list to appear on gmane. I, for example, would
> > subscribe to that gmane group then, w/o the burden of getting further
> > emails. As I do with all Emacs related mailing lists I'm interested in.
>
> I meant the fact of participation, no matter what will be the medium.

If it is a new list is created (or even if this becomes a new
"meta-thread" carried on in Tangents), we could report back every
couple of months to the devel group, to ensure that consensus points
are given for input to the core team of emacs developers for
consideration, discussion, and alignment.  I'll risk speaking for Jean
and say: I think the two of us together could make that "reporting
back regularly" part happen.

Corwin
corwin@bru.st