Re: The Emacs master is much slower than the emacs-27 branch.

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: The Emacs master is much slower than the emacs-27 branch.
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 08:14:24 +0000

Sorry, I meant: it only improves compilation with -Og _and -O0_. I don't know if -O0 is important.

Given my measurements (see upthread), the effect on -O0 build is negligible. And yes, -O0 _is_ important.

I don't know what happens on your computer (what is your platform/compiler?) but on mine (Debian GNU/Linux with the latest Linux kernel and the latest GCC) the effect on -O0 is almost the same as on -Og for this particular benchmark. I just tried again on the emacs-27 branch:

-Og: ~67s
-O0: ~63s
-O1: ~26s
-O2: ~18s