Re: bug archiving policy

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: bug archiving policy
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 03:52:34 -0600

(Cc to Bastien.)

Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@gmx.com> writes:

> At this point, I'm still primarily asking for the specific bug to be
> unarchived so the update can be posted, but I also want to bring the
> particular incident to the members of this list for review, and also to
> bring to attention of the members of this list the constructive comments
> that eventually ensued in the prior discussion thread[2].

Although the org-mode maintainers do read emacs-devel and bug-gnu-emacs
with some frequency, most subscribers are not org-mode experts.

I would therefore recommend sending org-mode patches directly to the
org-mode mailing list: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org.  This makes sure it is
seen by the competent and helpful org-mode hackers.  In most cases, I
don't think there is any need to also open a bug against Emacs.