Re: display value of links in mini-buffer (was: Re: bug archiving policy

From: Boruch Baum
Subject: Re: display value of links in mini-buffer (was: Re: bug archiving policy)
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 06:07:07 -0500

On 2020-12-06 17:54, Yuri Khan wrote:
> The 'help-echo property is displayed in a tooltip when you point with
> the mouse at the text that has this property.

Ah. I don't see that behavior as I use emacs-nox.

> I propose that we extend the scope of the request so that it becomes a
> genuine Emacs feature request.

Your explanation is great, and I'm fine with your proposal. Should this
post be copied or referenced to the re-opened bug thread? It may be that
the same trivial patch I suggested there for org-mode might suffice to
satisfy the proposal emacs-wide.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0