Re: Add additional style for :box

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Add additional style for :box
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 17:16:44 +0200

> From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 07:21:42 +0100
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> unfortunately not. :style nil takes the _fore_ground for the box and I'm
> looking for the _back_ground
>
> :style nil
> Screenshot-20201208071520-101x110.png
>
> what I want
> Screenshot-20201208071702-126x105.png

I'm confused: I thought you wanted to get rid of the 3D appearance,
which is why I suggested to use :style.  But now you seem to be
talking about the colors, and I cannot understand what exactly is the
problem with that -- just change the colors to whatever you want.

> In a general case, if you are deriving from another face, you have to write
> the background colour twice: in the
> face you are deriving from and in the face :inheri ing the definition. This,
> any change in the parent face
> implies a change in the derived face and that's not exactly convenient...

If the inheriting face overrides the color of the parent face, there's
no need to change the former when the latter changes.  So here, too, I
don't think I follow you, please elaborate.