Re: project-find-regexp using ripgrep

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: project-find-regexp using ripgrep
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 04:14:26 +0000

Hi. Dmitry.

[...]

    Dmitry> Sorry for the considerable wait, and thanks.

NP. Thanks for the work. and the email also.

    Dmitry> I have just pushed the updated patch to master (f2a3d6e). If you
track that branch,
    Dmitry> after updating you can enjoy ripgrep support with:

Since I am or ARM-arch (not on x86). I stay with the bundles provided by the
maintainers (pretest and
released version). But from time to time I try to compile master when times
permits it. So today I
am replacing emacs 27.1 with master.

    Dmitry>   (setq xref-search-program 'ripgrep)

Added to my dot emacs.

BTW. I have been following the thread about emacs-28 slower than emacs-27. But
With this brand new
version of Emacs. Trying Emacs inside Xterm feels slower. On the virtual
console there is no problem with
Emacs. As I prefer the virtual console ( Ctrl+Meta+F3) everything is fine from
my side. I just have
noticed it. But perhaps I am not the only one noticing it.

Best Regards