Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: non-gnu elpa issue tracking
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 12:35:03 -0500

> For your quote paragraph, Stefan, I am not sure on that. I know
> exactly what you mean. And I still do not know the final answer.

What I'm saying is that if they want a package removed, they should ask
for it.  Trying to get this result indirectly by using a license that's
not compatible with the GPLv3+ not only is a round-about way to go about
it, but it's not even clear if it would be legal because it's not clear
whether it's legal to distribute ELisp packages with a license
incompatible with the GPLv3+.

> But if it does not use the interface then maybe it could.

Indeed, but those ELisp packages which don't make use of an
Emacs-specific interface are pretty rare.

        Stefan