RE: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n

From: APEL Martin
Subject: RE: Tramp and conversion of \r\n into \n
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 11:29:09 +0000

Hi Michael,

I created a small test setup as follows:
- A mini C++ project
- An Emacs Lisp file with initializations for LSP mode
- A build script to create clangd
- A wrapper script for clangd, so you can see the output of clangd

Steps to do:
1. Setup clangd: The clangd version you mentioned is rather old, but you can
try, if lsp mode works with that version. Otherwise I have added a small build
script, which will generate clangd from its sources. It should install clangd
somewhere into your path. This needs to be done on the 'remote' machine.
2. Put the wrapper-script somewhere into your path on the 'remote' machine.
This simply redirects stdout and stderr of clangd, when it is invoked. This is
referenced by the Emacs configuration.
3. Unpack the small example project and run the init.sh script in the project
directory on the 'remote' machine. It will run cmake with the necessary options
to generate a compile_commands.json file, which is needed by clangd.
4. Install lsp-mode with all its dependencies on the 'local' machine.
5. Make sure the initializations from the .el file are executed.
6. Now try to open the main.cpp file on the remote machine in Emacs on the
local machine. This should trigger the start of clangd via lsp-mode. If the
error occurs, the modeline shows 'clangd starting' forever.

Hope this helps,

Martin