Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 10:04:06 +0100

I agree with Clément, for a total of 4 cents.

Also, I don't think that there is a clear majority of users disabling
the toolbar: instead, it looks like a majority of the respondents
(which do not necessarily form a representative sample) disable all
three bars and the splash screen, with a few disabling only the
toolbar. So if anything, the take-away is that it's not a
one-size-fits-all situation.

On the topic of enabling/disabling ui elements, I'm curious about the
visible-bell answer. Could it be that the question asked if they
disabled the visible bell, to which the logical answer for those
setting 'visible-bell to t (in order to disable the audible bell) is
no. In this case, the only yes would be users either disabling all
bells, or keeping the default bell AND knowing about it.

It would be interesting to know how many users would want to disable
the bell altogether if they knew that it is possible.