Re: elpa.git and `new-master`

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: elpa.git and `new-master`
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 15:38:18 -0500

>> I know, and that's what I'm asking how to do.
> I'm still missing something. At this point it seems that you're asking
> us how you can get console access to GNU's own savannah server, but that

What you're missing is that I'm only now learning that you can't do
it remotely.  I have searched a fair bit how to do it and hadn't come to
a clear answer "you can't do that".

And to be honest, I still haven't seen any first hand documentation
that it can't be done remotely.  The best I could find is experience
reports where have failed to do it.
The most convincing so far seems to be:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37456048/github-remote-symbolic-ref-branch-alias

-- Stefan