Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 16:36:20 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 12:01:57 +0100
>
> > (Iʼve never really liked the toolbar enable/disable menu. How many gui
> > applications these days let you put the toolbar anywhere other than at
> > the top?)
>
> Yeah, that's weird, and shouldn't be in the menu.  It's a detail best
> left to `M-x customize'.

Took me a few moments to understand what you two are talking about.
You are both looking at a GTK build, right?  Where we allow the user
to control this aspect of the tool bar because GTK supports it?
AFAIK, no other toolkit has that menu item.

So if you want to ask what kind of GUI environment lets users put the
tool bar anywhere but the top, the answer is GTK ;-)