Re: NNSelect Failing

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: NNSelect Failing
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 08:57:40 -0800

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> So as an example:
>
> In the groups buffer,
> If I search for
> from: rms after: 2020/01/01

If this is the exact query you're issuing, there shouldn't be spaces
after the colons.

Or maybe first make sure it works with `gnus-search-use-parsed-queries'
set to nil, and plain IMAP search strings?

> for the emacs-devel mail archive (personal gmail) using imap, emacs
> 28.0.50 no longer returns anything; more generally, all queries report
> a message of the form:
>
> Group nnselect:nnselect-p91v9d01j5e.fsf contains no messages

There's an ongoing issue wherein nnselect downgrades all errors to
warnings, and returns this result if anything goes wrong. If you turn
gnus-verbose up a bit (I think above 3) and try again, there might be
real errors in *Messages*.