The strange install command used by emacs.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: The strange install command used by emacs.
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 12:57:14 +0800

On Ubuntu 20.10, when I compile the latest git master version of
emacs, I noticed the following line near to the end of installation
log:

cd "/usr/local/bin" && ln -s "`echo emacs-28.0.50 | sed 's,x,x,'`"
"`echo emacs | sed 's,x,x,'`"

Apparently, it want to do the following job:

ln -s /usr/local/bin/emacs-28.0.50 /usr/local/bin/emacs

The confusing thing is that the pattern feed to sed, i.e., 's,x,x,',
which in fact matches nothing for this case. So why it's useless at
all. Any hints/notes/explanations would be appreciated.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic Vocational and Technical University
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China