Re: master 9cef8fc: Ensure that new emacsclient frames has focus

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 9cef8fc: Ensure that new emacsclient frames has focus
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 16:46:06 +0100

Joseph Mingrone <jrm@ftfl.ca> writes:

> I tested your change and it looks good here.

Thanks for testing.

> In your other message (and before the fix) you asked about figuring out
> when the frame still got focus.  I know that when I visited a few files
> that weren't written on disk, the frame still got focus.
>
> I was testing with this alias: emacsclient -a= -n
>
> If there are still issues, I could revert back and try more tests.

It would perhaps be nice to find out why I wasn't seeing exactly the
same thing that you were...  but I think the tweak I pushed should fix
the problem in both cases, so I don't think reverting back and
rechecking is really necessary.

These kinds of problems really make me wish that we had a test suite
that had a standard headless X VM, or something, because it's so easy to
introduce these types of regressions without.