Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars

From: Christopher Dimech
Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 00:37:26 +0100

> Sent: Monday, December 21, 2020 at 10:50 PM
> From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org>
> To: "Jean Louis" <bugs@gnu.support>
> Cc: dimech@gmx.com, abrochard@gmx.com, rms@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Emacs Survey: Toolbars
>
> > Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 19:51:43 +0300
> > From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
> > Cc: dimech@gmx.com, abrochard@gmx.com, rms@gnu.org,
> >   emacs-devel@gnu.org
> >
> > What is in your opinion priority for Emacs?
>
> That question is too general to be useful, sorry.  Emacs has a
> gazillion different facets, and at least a dozen of fundamental
> infrastructure features in very different domains.  There isn't, and
> IMO cannot be, a single priority, and moreover, if we'd try to come up
> with a priority list, we'd argue till the Second Coming without
> reaching any agreement.
>
> I also don't see any sense in trying to define such priorities, as
> long as no one but myself will be following them.

Could you then come up with your plan as per your decisions so others can see
what's happening with Emacs.  Emacs could need two other people who are skilled
enough.  People have got to understand this.  Although Eli is responsible
and dedicated to Emacs Development, there cannot be just one person fully
immersed
in it.