Re: Emacs as a word processor

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Emacs as a word processor
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 07:18:42 +0100

No, please!!
I don't want to waist CPU cycles in making things look as I want. Mainly because I trust LaTEX to do that. Even against colleagues. The only thing I need when writing is a spellchecker (flyspell) and a nice snippet combination for the more complex "quirks" in LaTEX (using yasnippet). Everything else is distraction. I concur with people pointing out that ORG makes a nice combination with LaTEX (I scarcely ever use Beamer directly for lectures, org-mode is perfect for that).
In some sense, this is back to the origins, using venerable WordStar for text-processing and programming. And yes, if you need some sense of WYSIWYH2G
(H2G=hope to get) then use any of the programs mentioned in the thread

Best wishes for 2021,
My .02 cents
/PA
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden