Re: Which should the display-pixel-width function return, physical pixel

From: Yuuki Harano
Subject: Re: Which should the display-pixel-width function return, physical pixel width or logical pixel width?
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 16:40:07 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 16:51:21 -0500,
        Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> wrote:
> As hidpi screens getting more common, we should separate pixel sizes
> reported from frontends into logical and physical pixels. This
> problem also makes images on Mac fuzzy. Currently ns frontend can
> distinct between logical and physical pixel size, from Yuuki’s post
> it seems pgtk can, too. Does other frontends have such ability?

* ns
frontend is logical.
when creating image area, its size is physical.
ns-display-monitor-attributes-list does nothing about scaling. maybe returns
logical.
emacs internal is logical.

* x11+gtk
gdk frontend is logical.
x-display-monitor-attributes-list returns physical.
emacs internal is physical.

* w32
scaling is not supported.

* pgtk (current)
gdk frontend is logical.
pgtk-display-monitor-attributes-list returns logical.
emacs internal is logical.

--
Yuuki Harano