Re: Additional cleanup around xterm-mouse

From: Jared Finder
Subject: Re: Additional cleanup around xterm-mouse
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2021 14:20:06 -0800

Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 15:49:19 -0800
From: Jared Finder <jared@finder.org>
Cc: monnier@iro.umontreal.ca, emacs-devel@gnu.org

> I prefer 3 or 2.  1 sounds too radical to me.  It's true that in core
> there's only one caller, but we have no idea what happens outside of
> the core.

Great, I've coded behavior #3.  Updated patch attached.  The remaining
work to do is just documentation, but I was hoping to defer that until
the code otherwise looks good.  Let me know what you think.

LGTM.  I didn't review the documentation changes, since they are
incomplete and somewhat outdated; I will do that when you post the
final result.

Thanks! I did a pass over the comments now. Updated (hopefully final) patch attached.

  -- MJF