Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: repology.el
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 00:02:10 -0500

  > https://repology.org/project/nmap/packages (okay, this shows the
  > homepage too) clearly shows the non-standard license where it can.

I am having trouble understanding that page.  It gives a lot of
details but does not explicitly say how they relate to each other.
In particular, I don't know who the many packages listed
relate to each other.  I can only guess that they all relate to
the program nmap somehow.

Also, I don't know what facts that page is trying to present.

Most importantly, does Repology list nmap with nonfree packages as a
peculiar exception because it has had a peculiar history recently?  Or
does repology.org regularly list nonfree programs without trying to
distinguish?

--
Dr Richard Stallman