did the abbrev mechanism ever expand «two words» to «two different words

From: Uwe Brauer
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2021 21:10:54 +0100

Hi

I thought I had used the following successfully some time ago

(define-abbrev-table 'fundamental-mode-abbrev-table
  '(
    ("a que" "a qué" nil :count 0)
    ("asi" "así" nil :count 1)
    ("ciertas problemas" "ciertos problemas" nil :count 0)
    ("di nos" "dinos" nil :count 0)
    ("lamentamos de" "lamentamos comunicarte" nil :count 0)
    ("likke" "bike" nil :count 0)
    ("los siguientes circunstancias" "las siguientes circunstancias" nil :count
0)
    ("no se" "no sé" nil :count 0)
    ("portail" "portátil" nil :count 0)
    ("premierment" "premièrement" nil :count 0)
    ("thiss" "this" nil :count 0)
    ("varias ordenadores" "varios ordenadores" nil :count 0)
   ))

I open an empty file in fundamental mode turn abbrev mode on

And type

 asi --> así  So the expansion works

However

 "a que" is NOT expanded to "a qué"

As indicated in the table. I am pretty sure that worked some time ago.

I filed even a bug report but now I am starting to doubt my own memory.
Could someone with a better memory than mine, help and tell me whether I
am wrong or correct?

Thanks

Uwe Brauer