Re: [External] : Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 20:58:54 +0200

On 21.01.2021 20:16, Drew Adams wrote:
The_point_  of adding those functions was to not
pay a performance penalty with a long list, just
to compare its length with some number.  IOW,
short-circuit traversing the_entire_  list, as
soon as the comparison question can be answered.
Like using `or' or `and': test only as much as
you need.

Perhaps you're right.

At the very least, we could have added Lisp versions first, and then brought them down to C if an occasion where this matters arose some day.

As it is now, I could only find one use of those functions in Emacs's source code, and

  (length> default 0)

doesn't really deserve a low-level implementation.