Re: [feature/internal-msys] thoughts of a more function windows package

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: [feature/internal-msys] thoughts of a more function windows package
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 22:17:15 +0100

Richard Copley <rcopley@gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> By the way, the MSYS2 builds of Emacs no longer apply any significant
> patches. There's just one, which is intended to disable ImageMagick,
> and which is superfluous but harmless.

That patch is not used. I'm not sure why I didn't delete it.

> I hope we don't do anything
> that breaks the ability to build and install Emacs into an existing
> MSYS2 tree using "./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && make
> install", as their PKGBUILD script does.

+1, although I don't expect that this is checked regularly by the Emacs
developers. Currently my Windows machines are using 27.1 as distributed
by MSYS2, but eventually I'll switch to master, building it every few
months, so when 28 is released the build should be fine.