Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 16:48:20 +0200

> From: Stephen Leake <stephen_leake@stephe-leake.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  phillip.lord@russet.org.uk,
>   emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 14:00:07 -0800
>
> Ah; "clone ... --single-branch --branch <branch>" allows downloading
> only that branch into the local repository. But you can't specify more
> than one branch, so that would be inconvenient for more than one bundled
> package.

By "branch" here do you mean an elpa.git branch?  If so, we can have a
single elpa.git branch where each package is represented by a suitable
commit, right?  For example, we can have a "stable" branch in
elpa.git, where the last commit of each package corresponds to the
latest stable version of that package.  Is that possible?